This section sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting icarusparts.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this section.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is icarusparts.com Limited of Faraday Wharf, Holt Street, Birmingham, B7 4BB, UK.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place/cancel an order on our site, request a return, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include, but will not necessarily be limited to, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, and car details.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use the following cookies:
- A session cookie, used to enable our server to remember you as you navigate between pages on our site.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising under these terms or under our separate contracts with third-party manufacturers (such as the assisting with the delivery of information or products to you);
- to provide your information to manufacturers/ third parties in order to facilitate the fulfilment of any third party’s obligations under your contract with manufacturers;
- to provide you with information about other goods offered on our site that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we (or they) will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. We will only use your data in this way, or pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, where you have ticked the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
Disclosure of your personal information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
- manufacturers referred to or named on our site for the performance of any contract such third party manufacturers enter into with you;
- delivery companies (such as DPD) for the purposes of fulfilling your order;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Cloud storage providers, such as Amazon Web Services, for the purposes of storing your information.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If icarusparts.com Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any other clauses in these terms, our contracts with our manufacturers or in order to allow our manufacturers to enforce or apply any other clauses in the contract between you and our manufacturers; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of icarusparts.com Limited, our customers, our manufacturers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by leaving certain boxes on the forms we use to collect data unchecked or by following the opt-out instructions that will be provided with each marketing communication. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Joe Kibbler (Director)
T: 0121 573 0078
Birmingham Science Park Aston