Terms and conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Who we are and how to contact us
Our site is operated by Icarusparts.com Limited ("we" or “us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10106122 and have our registered office at Suite 16d, The Mclaren Building, 46 The Priory Queensway, Birmingham, UK, B4 7LR and our trading address at Faraday Wharf, Holt Street, Birmingham, B7 4BB, UK. Our VAT number is 262 9577 66. We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site. We recommend that you print or save a copy of these terms for future reference.
We may amend these terms or our site from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
There are other terms that may apply to you
With the exception of these terms, which govern the relationship between you and us in relation to your use of our site, nothing on this website is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship with you or anyone else.
All goods and/or services on our site are manufactured and sold by our partners and not by Icarusparts.com Limited. If you purchase any goods and/or services from our site, please be aware that you will be entering into a contract with the relevant manufacturer and/or garage and you should therefore read any terms and conditions that they provide to you carefully.
Our site allows you to purchase vehicle parts directly from the manufacturer and have those parts delivered to one of our selected garages so that they can then fit the part. What follows is a brief overview of how to use our site:
1. How to make a purchase
- When visiting Icarusparts.com you will be invited to enter in your vehicle registration details. The purpose of this is to identify your car and the parts available for your car and enter in your vehicle registration number, at which point our site will detect your car details;
- You will next be able to choose the master category for the vehicle part that you require, for example ‘Braking’;
- You will then be able to select the specific vehicle part that you require, for example ‘Brake Pads’;
- Once the specific vehicle part that you require has been selected, you will then be prompted to enter your post code to find a list of garages in your area that will be able to fit the part for you;
- You can then select the garage you wish for the vehicle part to be delivered to;
- You will be prompted for payment. Only a single payment, for both the vehicle part and the fitting of the product by the garage, will be required;
- Finally, your receipt will be e-mailed to the e-mail address that you provide.
2. Once the garage has received the part
- Once the part you have ordered has been dispatched, an email notification will be sent to you;
- A further email notification will be sent to you once the garage has received the part.
3. How to cancel your purchase
- You may have a right to cancel your purchase of goods under your contract with the manufacturer or to cancel your purchase of services (before those services have been undertaken) under your contract with garages;
- Orders can be cancelled by calling or e-mailing our customer services on 0121 573 0078 or email@example.com.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, our site; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, you must comply with the following content standards:
Contributions must be accurate (where they state facts), genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material, violence, any illegal activity or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you hereby grant us and other users of our site a licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in these terms.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that these terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, these terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Our trade marks are registered
“ICARUSPARTS.COM” used in the following format:
is a UK registered trade mark of Icarusparts.com Limited with registration number UK00003193758. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless it is part of material you are using as permitted under these terms.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site other than as provided for in these terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
Failure to comply with these terms constitutes a material breach of these terms, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach these terms through your use of our site.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in these terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
T: 0121 573 0078
Birmingham Science Park Aston